What is Montana Educational Talent Search?
METS is a federally funded program by the Department of Education. It has the goal of helping youth, grades 6th-12th, to complete high school and enroll in an institution of higher education of their choice. METS also works with students who have stopped out of high school or college to help them gain the certification they are seeking. METS provides both group and one-on-one mentor sessions with a pre-college advisor who informs, educates, advises and encourages students on career and college choices.
METS participants receive educational tutoring, guidance on middle and high school course selection, career counseling, financial aid resources, college and scholarship information. Participants have the opportunity to attend college tours, educational field trips and learn about different career opportunities. We serve eligible students in the Blackfeet, Crow, Flathead, Great Falls target areas.
There are lots of benefits for students!
- Connections to high quality academic tutoring
- Advice and assistance in choosing classes
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams (ACT) and completing college admission applications
- Information on Federal student financial aid programs
- Resources for locating public and private scholarships
- Support in completing financial aid applications (FAFSA)
- Guidance on alternative education programs and entry into general educational development (GED) programs
- Connections to education and counseling services to improve financial and economic literacy of students and parents
- Personal and career counseling
- Opportunities to participate in career exploration workshops and trips to colleges and cultural events
Do You Have Some Privacy Concerns?
Please know that student privacy is very important to the program, and all information provided will be kept confidential per federal guidelines.