What is Montana Educational Talent Search?
METS is a federally funded program by the Department of Education. It has the goal of helping youth, grades 6th-12th, to complete high school and enroll in an institution of higher education of their choice. METS also works with students who have stopped out of high school or college to help them gain the certification they are seeking. METS provides both group and one-on-one mentor sessions with a pre-college advisor who informs, educates, advises and encourages students on career and college choices.
METS participants receive educational tutoring, guidance on middle and high school course selection, career counseling, financial aid resources, college and scholarship information. Participants have the opportunity to attend college tours, educational field trips and learn about different career opportunities. We serve eligible students in the Blackfeet, Crow, Flathead, Great Falls target areas.
What will METS do for you?
- Provide connections to tutoring.
- Teach you to manage a budget.
- Provide career, college, and scholarship information.
- Explain and answer questions on the FAFSA form.
- Help with college applications and ACT/SAT tests.
- Advise and mentor on high school course selections.
- Help you apply for college.